Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Old Time Rock and Roll

Hey Everyone!

Last night S and I were laying awake in bed talking about our day at the workplace, when the subject came up about classic rock (although I don't know how it came up)! We were soon scanning through YouTube on my phone and playing old music videos. You know, back when MTV actually played music videos!  We agreed that musicians just don't make music like they used to. The majority of the songs that we looked up and played were sung with so much heart, and the lyrics really told a story or expressed what the singer was trying to convey. I also made mention that I was glad that my parents raised my siblings and I around classic rock and country, because I appreciate music so much more now. Singers today like Ke$ha and the Black Eyed Peas use synthesizers and other instruments to make their music sound unique, and others don't sing live at all. I just wish it was pure and simple, like it was back then!

Daily Nubbins:

* Got our deck power-washed today. We are hoping to stain it this weekend to keep it looking like new.

* Had an awesome Sunday with my friend from Germany! We had hot dogs, BBQ sandwiches and lots of fellowship! I was really dragging butt the next morning at work because we visited so late!

* I am being given my own 911 assignment starting next week. I can't believe it's already time! I am nervous!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment